The “Perfect Drysuit”, does it exist?
Unfortunately the same dive, in the same suit, does not create the same fairy tale from different divers.
It was a perfect dive, BUT...
- I am too cold on my tummy and thighs.
- I feel uncomfortable with all that underwear.
- I hate the chocking feeling of the neck seal.
- I have problems evacuating air in my underwear.
- I overheat before the diving starts.
- I could hardly zip up with all that bulk.
- I get so damp and cold at the end.
The challenge for us at Waterproof was, how do we solve all those problems?
It took Waterproof three years of problem analysis, material sourcing and three years of intense testing to find the answer to the perfect Drysuit, the patented D1 Hybrid.
The first existing Insulated Constant Volume Dry Suit, and the features are beyond expectations. D-1 features Silicone Seals and a genius fixed inner 3D-Mesh lining. The two outer layers are kept apart by nylon springs, like in a bed mattress.
A quarter of a century after launching their first wetsuit, Waterproof, the renowned Swedish neoprene protection manufacturer unveiled the new D1 HYBRID drysuit at DEMA 2010.
The D1 is a brand new concept drysuit system that promises to revolutionise this key piece of diver protection. "Here at Waterproof we thought it was time to solve some common drysuit problems, so we went back to basics and designed the D1 HYBRID", says Göran Ehlmé, Founder & Head Designer at Waterproof.
Click Here for D1 Hybrid Sizing